Discuss the substantial mark some people placed on the sport. .
Research the internet (choose sources with care), books and journals for information on the complete “genealogy” of your chosen sport.
I chose Weight lifting
Explain your answers in full detail (Who; What; Where; When; How; and examples) and in complete sentences. Check your grammar, spelling and punctuation (points will be deducted). In-text citations must be used but not overused.
The document must contain the following sections/chapters (must be numbered):
1) Who invented the sport? Where did the sport start? When? Are there multiple theories?
2) Discuss the original purpose of the sport. Basically, explain why it was started.
[e.g. religion, entertainment, fun, training, etc.]
3) How has the sport changed/evolved? Discuss similarities and differences in the sport
(e.g. rules, equipment, organization, popularity and participation [rich/poor; men/women] etc.).
4) What are the significant competition(s) associated with the sport? Discuss when and why
they were established. [e.g. Local, National, International, major championships]
5) Discuss the substantial mark some people placed on the sport.
(e.g. top players, innovators, owners, persons who popularized the sport, etc.)
6) What does the future hold for this sport? [e.g. fan interest, rule changes, etc.]
7) One question of your own (related to the sport). Research and answer.
Incorporate a “References” section at the end of the document with at least three “REPUTABLE” references.
All references and in-text citations must be in APA style.
DO NOT use Wikipedia or Blogs.
Discuss the substantial mark some people placed on the sport.